COVID-19 PCR Test for Travel/ Fit to Fly Certificate
***PLEASE NOTE THAT THE LABORATORY WILL BE CLOSED FROM 25th Dec to 27th Dec 2021 and 1st Jan 2022- and will be unable to process any tests- Do not purchase if you want or need to drop your test during above dates. Last day you can drop off any tests are to the laboratory are Fri 24th Dec 2021 by 9am latest before the festive break*****
Price: £120.00- No need to book an appointment- simply purchase a kit by visiting the pharmacy or click and collect- click here
Many countries and airlines are now requiring individuals to have a COVID-19 PCR test before they travel.
We provide COVID-19 PCR tests and official UK Agilis health provider of PCR travel certificates / Fit-to-Fly certificates within 24 hours.
We sell the kit for £120.00 per kit (includes Royal Mail Tracked 24 postage or kit can be delivered directly to Laboratory based in Northampton- Brackmills Industrial Estate) this requires a simple throat swab directly in your the safety of your home.
Please be aware that due to the increase number of coronavirus cases across the UK you will be asked to carry out your own swab at home with Public Health England guidance.
Our kits are supplied by Agilis Health who are UKAS registered private provider of tests:
- We’ve partnered with a laboratory that follows ISO 15189 standards
- COVID-19 PCR Test approved by Public Health England.
- Results and PCR travel certificate provided via email within 24-48 hours upon receipt of test kit by the laboratory.
- You’ll have access to our whatsapp pharmacist text service should you have further questions or concerns.
- Transparent pricing which includes the test and fit-to-fly certificate and courier postage of kit to the laboratory
- 99% accuracy.
- IMPORTANT: As regulations might change and differ depending on the airline and destination it is the patient’s responsibility to check for the most up to date information. As well as speaking to the airline directly, useful details can be found at: uk govt foreign travel advice
Frequently ask questions
- Who is the test for?
The PCR test kits are for people of all ages planning to travel abroad who need a certificate/document to prove to airlines and countries they are visiting that they do not have an active COVID-19 infection. The test is not suitable for those who have COVID-19 like symptoms or for those who have had symptoms up to 28 days prior to the test – they should follow all government guidance regarding self-isolation and testing.
- What is included in the PCR testing kit? The PCR testing kit will include instructions how to self swab, how to register and prepaid postage for the return of the PCR testing kits.
- Where and when do I need to send the sample and do I have to use a special courier?
We would strongly recommend that you return the kit once registered and you have taken the swab sample to the laboratory in Northampton (Brackmills industrial estate). You can alternatively return the kit by using the Royal 24 track service ( included in the price of kit) by dropping off kit into Royal Mail priority mail box ( details found on https://www.royalmail.com/priority-postboxes) or by taking to your local post office. Please note we can not liable for any delays caused by using the Royal Mail hence why we recommend you drop directly to the laboratory.
- How do I get the certificate?
The confirmation email itself is the certificate the patient needs to take with them.
- How do I get in contact with Agilis Health if I encounter any problems? They have a helpline tel 01592 269570 from Monday to Friday from 5.00am to Midnight(12.00am) and 9.00am to 5.00pm from Saturday to Sunday or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- I need an PCR test urgently and need the results asap? The solution for this would be purchase the kit/register and swab. Then directly take it down to the Laboratory based in Brackmills Industrial Estate- which is a 10 min drive from the pharmacy by 9.30 am at the very latest on the same day. The vast majority will receive their result between 8.00pm and 12 Midnight that same day. This isn't absolutely guaranteed however and worst case will receive result next day between 5.00am-9.00am. We cant guarantee results will be received the same day.
- Do I need a PCR test to travel to any country outside the UK? Some countries such as France, USA, Italy- accept an negative antigen test for entry. We offer this Rapid Antigen Fit to Fly test for £60.00 per test and results and certificate avaliable in 15 mins. Please check on uk govt foreign travel advice if country your travelling to accepts an antigen test
- The PCR testing kits are strictly not returnable or refundable
- It is your responsbility to check with your airline provider as destinations have varying time window requirements, usually within 96, 72 or 48 hours before departure.
- We are not liable for any delays or errors due to courier/Royal mail collection or the laboratory.
- Information on website/prices subject to change.
- Earls Barton Pharmacy will not be held liable for any circumstances beyond our control or any expenses that you may incur as a result of a test result not arriving back from the laboratory in time. For example, circumstances beyond our control could include lost parcels, inconclusive tests, positive tests and lab delays leading to a refusal to enter a country/board the plane.
- This list is not exhaustive and is for illustrative purposes only.