Travel Vaccinations and Travel Health Advice Service:
If you`re planning a trip abroad, we can help care for you and your familys health with our Travel Vaccinations and Health Advice Service we provide for you - Including help with preventing malaria.
How can the services help me?
Our specially trained travel health Pharmacists Will provide advice and information on the vaccination and malaria prevention medication that's tailored to you and your travel plans.
Do I need to book an appointment?
Booking an appointment isn't always necessary as consultations are available at short notice,and our specially trained travel pharmacist may be able to see you straight away - even close to your departure date
.We offer convenient appointments to suit you Monday to Friday.
Please call the pharmacy on 01604 812736 to book an appointment.
How does it work?
1) Visit Earls Barton Pharmacy, ideally 6-8 weeks before you travel, to ensure you have time to organise any vaccinations or medicines that you may need.
2) Your Pharmacist Will ask a few short questions around when and where you are travelling to check if any vaccinations or medications may be suggested for your trip.
3) If you require vaccinations or malaria prevention medication, a more detailed consultation will then follow.
4) Your Pharmacist Will then be able to give you the vaccinations, medicines and advice you need to prepare for a healthy trip abroad.
What do I need to prepare for my consultation?
To ensure your travel health advice is personalised to your trip, you'll need to come
• Information about your trip (eg. destination, duration and planned activities, if known)
• Details of any medical conditions and/or medication you're currently taking
• History of previous vaccinations (if known)
It's also a good idea to wear a loose-fitting top so you can comfortably roll up your sleeve for any vaccinations needed.
What vaccinations are available?
Earls Barton Travel Clinic provides a full range of travel vaccinations to protect you and your family against the following:
• Hepatitis A
• Rubella (German Measles)
• Hepatitis B
• Japanese encephalitis • Tick borne encephalitis
• Yellow Fever- We dont offer this at Earls Barton Pharmacy but our partner pharmacy- 3Q Pharmacy offers this. Click here to book an appointment
Plus a range of malaria prevention medication. Where appropriate, you may be given the option of you choosing combined vaccinations, eg. Hepatitis A and B. Some of these vaccinations are only available in combination with others, eg. Diphtheria, Tetanus and Polio. Certain countries may require proof of vaccination or certificates and we can provide these.
For more information and prices, come into Earls Barton Travel Clinic
We offer a wide range of vaccinations for other purposes such as childhood vaccinations like Chicken Pox and MMR or the need for a vaccination for the occupational purpose such as Hepatitis B, contact us for a free consultation.
Earls Barton Pharmacy & Travel clinic price list
|Vaccine (cost is per dose not course)||price per dose||Doses required|
|Prices as of June 2022 but subject to change|
|Diptheria,tetanus,and polio (DTP)||£40||x1|
|Hepatitis A paediatric (Havrix Jr)||£40||x2|
|Hepatitis A &Typhoid (viatim)||£100||x1|
|Hepatitis B (Engerix)||£40||x3|
|Hepatitis B paediatric (Engerix jr)||£35||x3|
|Japanese encephlitis (Ixiaro)||£85||x2|
|Meningitis ACWY (Nimerix)||£60||x1|
|Tick borne encephalitis (Ticovac/Ticovac jr)||£65||x3|
|Chickenpox ( Varilrix/Varivax)||£65||x2|
|Pneumonia (Pneumovax 23)||£50||x1|