It’s a common misconception that pharmacies are solely for ordering and picking up prescriptions. In reality, they are valuable one-stop healthcare hubs, often serving as a convenient alternative to booking a GP appointment.
Visiting your local pharmacy is the perfect way to meet the whole family’s everyday healthcare needs quickly and easily, whilst granting yourself the peace of mind that you’re getting all the expert help and advice you need.
How can a Pharmacy Help me?
Each pharmacy has its own range of useful specialist services. For For example, at Earls Barton pharmacy in Northampton, we’re committed to aiding our customers with everything from smoking cessation and weight loss to earwax removal and erectile dysfunction.
Here are 5 Ways Your Local Pharmacy can Help you:
- Travel Clinic. Particularly in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, attending a travel clinic prior to your next overseas trip is a brilliant idea. Your local pharmacy can help you get all the vaccinations you need (if any), whilst offering general travel health advice tailored to your personal medical needs and chosen destination.
- COVID-19 Testing. Free lateral flow tests for COVID-19 can be accessed at most pharmacies, as can a range of PCR tests that may be required for travel. Attend a travel clinic to find out how we can help you get the right PCR tests at the right times to ensure your trip runs smoothly.
- Emergency Contraceptives. As the ‘morning-after pill is best taken as soon as possible after unprotected sex, this convenient pharmacy service is particularly useful. Two emergency hormonal contraceptives are currently available in the UK – one can be taken up to 72 hours after unprotected sex, and the other for up to 120 hours. A pharmacist can advise you on which is most suitable and provide you with the pill in one swift, hassle-free consultation.
- Flu Vaccination. If you’re eligible for the flu vaccine, it’s quick and easy to book an appointment at your local Northampton pharmacy. If you don’t know whether you’re eligible for the vaccine or aren’t sure if it’s right for you, you can call in and speak to a pharmacist for tailored advice.
- General Health Advice. Your local Northampton pharmacy can help with a wide range of health issues. Our friendly pharmacists are always happy to offer expert advice, recommending products for certain conditions or signposting you towards other helpful services you might benefit from.
Now you’re well clued up on the diverse range of services your pharmacy can offer, why not drop into our store in Northampton to see how we can help you?
Your local pharmacy truly is a one-stop healthcare hub - the perfect place to meet all your health needs in one convenient trip! Alternatively, you can explore our services page to find a comprehensive list of everything we can help with here at Earls Barton pharmacy.